AE is an assertions framework designed to serve as a reusable domain language for other test frameworks. It is light-weight, easy to use and versatile. The DSL is entirely focused around two methods #assert and #expect.
- Clear, simple and concise syntax.
- Uses higher-order functions and fluid notation.
- Easily extensible allowing for alternate notations.
- Reusable core extensions ease assertion construction.
- Core extensions are standardized around Ruby Facets.
- Facets is not a dependency; the extensions are built-in.
- Eats it's own dog food.
AE is the standard assertions framework for QED and Lemon; works with Test::Unit, MiniTest and Shoulda; and is easily adapted to almost any other testing framework.